As a member of the Applications Support Team, you will be working closely with our manufacturing customers in the automotive, aerospace, medical, mold and die, turbo machinery, electronics, and prototyping industries. Always seeking the best solution based on an analytical approach, you will be providing technical services to our CNC manufacturing clients, specifically those using our CAMplete software solutions. These services will include support, application, programming, and training. You will break down complex problems and formulate plans to support the customer’s needs and will communicate the results to the customers through speech, writing and/or demonstration, and report your findings back to CAMplete’s development team.
You will be working as part of the CAMplete team at our head office located in Kitchener, ON, where you will receive training on the latest multi-axis manufacturing technologies and CAMplete products, as you begin your career with our company.
- Provide technical support for CAMplete products including software installation, implementation, training, and troubleshooting
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and resolve technical issues via phone/email and remote connection
- Proactively communicate with software and hardware partners to find solutions to customer issues
- Communicate effectively to identify customer training and/or software update needs
- Perform testing on the latest technology developed by CAMplete Solutions Inc.
- Create documentation for CAMplete products
CAMplete Solutions Inc. is a technology driven company located in Ontario’s Waterloo Region – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. With almost two decades of experience in multi-axis machining, post-processing and machine simulation, CAMplete is committed to developing products that allow manufacturers to meet the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Technical degree/diploma in a mechanical or manufacturing discipline
- Strong computer knowledge and literacy, well versed with Microsoft Windows 10 interface
- Strong aptitude for the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is an asset
- Excellent understanding of CNC machining and manufacturing process and terminology
- Strong knowledge of a CAM software (Mastercam, Powermill, Hypermill, Siemens NX, etc.)
- MUST have strong English verbal, written and listening communication skills (second language is an asset)
- Positive interpersonal, conflict resolution and customer relationship skills
- A credible and lively presenter with a professional demeanor
- Extremely motivated to learn new and emerging technologies in the manufacturing industry
If you meet the qualifications and skills listed above and would like to pursue a career with a unique and thriving software company, send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all that apply but wish to inform, only qualified candidates will be contacted.